Sunday, July 13, 2008

Childhood Memories

Bath Time


I love ducks. I always have. When I was growing up, my mom used to make terrariums and she'd buy little animals to put in them - squirrels, birds, etc. In one of the bigger ones that she made, she put a little pond in it. On the pond was a family of white ducks, swimming along. One of the little ones had its backside up in the air. I can't tell you how many times I got into trouble because I'd try and take the ducks out to look at them more closely. And probably to see if I could see the little duck's head under the water.

One morning, I was at the local park and watching all the Days Of Our Ducks, more commonly known as springtime when the ducks are more than a little frisky. There was much quacking and posturing and chasing going on. This one, however, was off by itself and taking a bath. Maybe sprucing up for later. The morning was calm, the sky was blue, the light was low and soft. The pond, reflecting the sky, looked like blue porcelain just like the terrarium pond. And this duck reminded me of the little white terrarium ducks. Of course, I started snapping photos.

The only rule in photography is that there are no rules. BUT...one of the suggestions is that you never stop with just one photo. You never know what you are going to catch. The duck had just dipped it's head into the water so I thought I would catch the droplets on it's feathers. I didn't even realize that a drop from it's bill had fallen into the pond to make those ripples until later when I was reviewing the photos. Woo! A bonus.

What a lucky duck.

www.lmg-images.com

2 comments:

E-Dub said...

Weez... that is an amazing photo!

EF

Lisa said...

Thanks! :)