Monday, July 21, 2008

A Certain Step

I am not the most graceful person. Oh, I've survived so far with just a few bumps and bruises and a scraped knee here or there. And one broken leg. Broken while walking through the grass. Sigh.

Oh, in my mind, I am graceful. Light on my feet, swift and sure. Like a dancer. It just never seems to translate down to my feet. Hello? Anybody down there?

This might be why I love to watch dancing so much. All kinds. I am fascinated by the choreography and intricate steps. How do they do that without falling over? Without tripping? Without colliding with someone else or a door or wall? And usually in heels, no less.

As I watch, my foot taps along to the music, so hopeful that it will be able to do the same someday. In the meantime, I satisfy my craving by photographing dancers. And while I often take the whole picture, I find that I focus in on their feet more and more. Hoping to capture the beauty of feet that move with passion, confidence, strength, and agility. As I hope to move through life.

Not to mention...I like shoes.

www.lmg-images.com

No comments: